Stimulus Money for Summer School

0

Posted by jenmalonetn | Posted in Important Reminders | Posted on May 13, 2009

From Kim McGimsey, Title I Coordinator 

The date for summer school has been set.  It has been scheduled for July 13-17 and 20-24 from 8:30-12:30.   Transportation will be  provided if needed.     I need to know the teachers who are interested in working now that the date has been set.  Remember we are targeting students struggling in math (grades 3-8) with the focus being on the new state math standards .  Please ask your teachers to begin making a list of students who they feel would benefit from this opportunity.  Each teacher should have no more than 10 students.  I would suggest that the student list be greater than the number to be served to take into account that some students will not want to participate.  If that is the case,  then the teacher can notify the student next on the list for that grade level.

Eaton- Limit Four Teachers (two 3rd grade and two 4th grade) Total number of students 40

Please ask teachers interested in working to reply to me no later than Thursday, May 14. 

It is imperative that we get this information out to parents very soon.   I will email a parent letter and summer school application to each school this week which should be mailed, emailed, or sent home in student folder/agenda,  in time to get a response prior to the last day of school. 

Please call or email Kim McGimsey with questions or concerns regarding this information.  Tutoring information for school year 09-10 will be forth coming later. 

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar